When most people think about freedom, people think about financial freedom.
Having lots and lots of money. But that’s not necessarily true freedom.
What if you can have 10,000,000 but you are working 100 hours per week?
That’s just a very high paying employee.
What if you can run your own business but your business breaks when you take a day off?
That’s just self employed.
To me, freedom is about managing, not working.
What do I mean?
When I develop a business, I want it to be 98% automated. There should be as little human involvement as possible. Why? Because humans lead to error. This is why Tesla’s car manufacturing facility is almost fully automated. Tesla cars just go through a linear system and outcome a Tesla model 3. This is why HP printer factory actually restrict people from going inside. Input the materials and output the printer. The engineers in HP actually monitor the factory from their headquarters.
That’s the ultimate automation.
When I design an investing strategy, it is the same. Out of 365 days, I spend 360 days living my life. I only invest in a few great opportunities a year.
Once I’m fully invested, I take a step back. I just monitor. I just take a look at the market for 5 to 10 minutes a day. Usually even less.
Most days, my portfolio is doing great and I just take a look and move on.
It’s that simple.
Do you have a 98% automated system working for you?
Do you have a systematic process that allows the best opportunities to surface?
If you don’t here’s what you can do.
- A winning formula: most people don’t have a blueprint to invest. If you don’t have a formula, you can’t automate. Here’s my formula – long term investing using stock options.
- Find tech solutions: this is obvious but it requires you to learn what kind of solutions are out there. The easiest way is to Google exactly want you want. Booking meetings? Try a few scheduling apps. Bookkeeping? Try getting an automated bookkeeping software. Post of Facebook? Automated the posts.
- Develop systems: Once you find the best technology available to date, its time to piece it together. Draw out how it works. For some components which cannot be automated, write out the exact steps a human needs to perform to consistently deliver that result. Whether the human is you or someone else.
- Delegate: Once you know what you need to do, how to do it and what technologies you’re using, it’s time to delegate! This is the best part. Because it’s not about doing it all yourself. You’re only one person. I expect 99% of what you do can be automated or delegated in some form or another. Then, there’s only one thing remaining.
- Your zone of genius: this is what you’re left it. What you’re truly good at that cannot be delegated. This should be the most rewarding thing you do. It makes you feel alive. For me, it is investing or teaching people how to invest. These two things are in my zone of genius. It makes me excited and happy.
If you’re still here, let’s go through an example of how I automate my coaching business.
- I run ads. I don’t go around cold calling people. This means advertising agencies will automatically bring me my target market- busy full time professionals who want to make 30% a year and retire earlier.
- My visitor will attend a free training on how to get 30% per year in the market. They will learn the 8 common mistakes that most investors make. They will learn the 4 mindset differences that separate an average investor from a great investor. They will learn about the results achieved in Investing accelerator. This is a recorded webinar. The entire process is automated. My visitor will received a ton of value while I’m travelling, while I’m working, while I’m eating.
- Then, they will fill out an application form to apply to join investing accelerator. Yes, I’m setting up an application process for Investing accelerator for the next couple of days. This is automated too.
- Then, they will pay and schedule an one on one call with me. I use a scheduling app called Calendly. The app automatically detects their time zone and show them my availability for the week. This is sync to my calendar.
- Then, I will personally attend the call to answer any questions they have before they start Investing accelerator. Most of the time, we will go through their current portfolio and what they need to change in order to succeed.
- Then, they are officially accepted into Investing Accelerator. The login details are automatically sent to the student.
You see? Out of the six steps, only step number five requires my personal input. The first call with my student is where I add a lot of value because I can chat with them about their portfolio. Everyone’s situation is different and the one on one call is how I make sure my students have the highest probability of succeeding before they even join the program.
Since I’m writing this to you on the plane to Shanghai, let’s do another case study.
How to automate investing?
When you look at investing, it’s really interesting because it is already 80% automated. The company that you’re investing in is working for you. You have a CEO, CFO, COO and thousands of employees working for you to give you a higher return in the market. That’s a lot of automation already!
Nevertheless, we can take it one step further.
- You need to have a winning formula for investing. Do you know what to buy? When to buy? How much to buy? If you don’t, you can check out my free training on how to get 30% from the market. This step is a must.
- If you have a strategy, do you know what kind of results you’re getting? Is it 5% or 10% or 30%? If you’re spending your precious time managing your own portfolio, I think you should at least aim for 20% a year. For me, I aim for 30% a year. Having a goal is important because investing return cannot be truly guaranteed. You can watch any movie about the 2008 market crash to learn this lesson. But, you should have a ballpark of what you’re aiming for.
- Then, it’s time to finding tech solutions. You need a good charting software. Find a free one. You need to get information on the company’s financial performance, news and most importantly, insider activity. Insider activity is when management tells you what they are doing with their own shares. It’s a super helpful indicator. All the information should be aggregated for you or coming to you at your finger tips.
- Now, it’s time to develop a system. Once you have all this information in place, how do you interpret them? You can give the same information to two people and they will come up with very different results. This is really why there’s so much debate about investing. If you do this correctly, great opportunities should automatically surface to the top for you. Notice I say GREAT, not good. For me, the opportunity surface to me should be “a blue chip or medium growing company that is currently on a discount.” I would say that is a pretty great opportunity. I usually aim to buy blue chip companies at 20% discount.
- You invest. Now, it’s time for action. You have all the information flowing to you automatically. You know exactly how to interpret it and you know that it is on a 20% discount right now. You do your research. You buy.
- You chill. Now, you’ve invested. It’s time to relax. It’s time to lay back on your chair and do something you like. Maybe it’s pursuing your passion. Maybe it’s cooking. For me, it’s teaching you how to invest. For my students, they travel, they play music and they go on dates with their loved ones. Why can you relax now? Because you just bought a great company at a cheap price. Now thousands of hard working and smart people are out there trying to make money for you.
This is how you automate 95% of investing. I say 95% because you still need to check your investment from time to time. But this is usually 5 minutes a day for me. Pretty minimal.
This is as passive as it gets for investing and getting 30% at the same time.
We are in the age where technology is abundant. I challenge you to automate your work as much as possible. So, you can live a freer and happier life.
If you want to learn an 95% automated investing strategy while aiming for 30% per year, then I would strong recommend you to take the shortcut.
I already did all the hard work for you. You get the cheat way.
>> click here to learn about investing accelerator today <<